In “Fabulous Finds” you’ll be representing a young woman who is tracked down by an investigator, to inform her that an aunt has passed away and left her the house and everything in it. Now, she will go back to her aunt’s town to see what is left and figure out what to do. A lot of bills to pay are waiting for some money so she decides to organize a yard sale and collect some money for the bills. You will be helping this young protagonist to find the stuff for the sale and organize the event.
Beyond the story, the game could be categorized into the “seek & find” category. There are lots of games alike but this one is different from others since its particular dynamic. The game has two main phases: you first have to look for items regarding special themes in the rooms of the house; then, you have to organize the yard sale to gain some money. The game basically consists in looking for hidden objects in messy scenes which are the different rooms in the house. Instead of being provided with a list of items to find per scene you’ll get a theme and you’ll have to find and pick up stuff related to that theme. Each level requires you to find a certain amount of items. When you are done finding stuff, the yard sale begins. In the yard sale a lot of people will come in and start walking around. Some hints will suggest you which item is the indicated for each customer. With that information you will have to walk each customer to the indicated item in order to seal the deal. There are some hints available for you to use if you get stuck at any time. Of course, these hints are limited and will cost you a few seconds each time.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be reaching the main menu with the following options on it:
- Change Player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different profiles and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: to start playing the first chapter of the game, after viewing a game introduction.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like sound volume, music volume, and full/windowed screen.
- Exit game: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need in order to run this game. Take a look to the list:
• Operating system: Windows XP/Vista
• Processor speed: 1GHz
• 512 MB RAM
• 100 MB Hard Drive Space
• 128MB Graphics Card
• DirectX 8.0
- It has good graphics and sound effects
- It’s a fun game with a great scenario
- You can buy it for an affordable price
- The interface is only available in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported